GameObject has multiple AudioSources and/or AudioListeners attached

Thomas123

I got this error message when using Ambient Sounds. It has something todo with other sound sources in my scene. For example Enviro 3 or RPG Builder.

What do I have to do, so the error is gone? Can I "route" the sources to Ambient Sounds somehow?

You would need to pick an audio system and not use the others. 
Multiple audio sources shouldn't be attached to a single object. 
I would take a look a look at the audio areas, and sequences in ambient sounds. 

• 1 month later...
On 4/6/2023 at 9:09 PM, Bryan said:

You would need to pick an audio system and not use the others. 
Multiple audio sources shouldn't be attached to a single object. 
I would take a look a look at the audio areas, and sequences in ambient sounds. 

Thank you. Debugged a little bit and the error always references the Main Camera. I use SECTR and a few more PW Assets.

- When I disable the Audio Listener nothing is played anymore. Enabling/Disabling will not change anything. The same error will occur.

- Disabling SECTR Audio System won't help either

The Audio Source is placed on playmode (I guess from RPG Builder).

Any ideas how I can solve the error message?

Bildschirmfoto-2023-05-29-um-18-19-35.pn

An additional question which is related to this. I use RPG Builder which plays audio on different prefabs (adds a source to it). 

Is it possible to reroute other audio sources over this Ambience listener?

I am one step closer.

• I deleted Ambience Audio and switched to SECTR audio.
  • I added SECTR audio system to my player prefab (which adds a listener relay to the main camera on playmode)
  • I removed the audio listener from the main camera
  • Now I can play music from RPGB and SECTR and it get's mixed

So my additional questions are:

• What are the differences about SECTR audio and Ambient Sounds? They both have Sounds areas and such.
  • If there are differences: When would I prefer Ambient Sounds over SECTR audio?
  • Or is it possible to combine both systems? If so: How?

They both are complex in their own right. 
Sectr audio works with a lot of different things. 
Objects having different sounds, sound zones, etc. 

Ambient sounds do kinda the same bits but also work with global sounds and randomization of sounds. 
Along with the synchronization of sounds. 

I will put together a package and see what the implementation of using both would look like 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Bryan

For now I have removed SECTR and am using Gaia, GeNa and AmbientSounds. This is much faster and reduces complexity.

But I still get the "more than one audio listener" error. I tested a few things and found that disabling the Audio Listener component on the main camera suppresses this error - the sound still plays.
When I try to remove it completely, ListenerRelay.cs won't let me remove it because it depends on it. Removing just the ListenerRelay doesn't work either, because then there's no sound.

So there must be a problem in AmbientSounds?

So my adjusted question would be: How can I use AmbientSound without this error? Do I miss some kind of configuration?

Have you check the scene completly to make sure there is no other object with an Audio Listener attached to it anywhere other than the camera? 

I will check into this to see if I can reproduce the error. 

Are you on the latest Ambient Sounds? 

image.png

Just ran tests with the Gaia Player - FPS Controller. 
I have added a Audio Area
Global background sequence
Etc. 

I can not seem to get that error to come up for me.