Stamper to the edge of world

mercadier
Go to solution Solved by Bryan,

I made a world of multiple terrains. 7.12km x 7.12km. 49 x 1024 terrains. I tried to stamp it but no matter how I scale the stamp, there is still a margin of ~67m around the edges. The 'Fit to world' option is also inactive and greyed out. It says my world size is too large to use it. So how do I get the stamper to go all the way to the edges?

Edited by mercadier

I'll edit that to read 680m around the edges, which is even worse. Is there a maximum supportable size for a Gaia map and I'm going above it?

With the stamper, you are way above it. 
You would want to use the World Designer if you are wanting to go that size. 

You could still change the stamp to an image and use your own heightmap or procedurally generate it. 
You will still only see a partial view. You could try and render it all but that is a massive map. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

You can stamp multiple times yes. 
You can also move the transform of the stamper as well. 

When using the stamper you can also add masks: 
The two that I use the most are the distance mask and height masks. 
Then set the Influence to Global, which will adapt to the terrain that way you don't get harsh edges. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

You can stamp multiple times yes. 
You can also move the transform of the stamper as well. 

When using the stamper you can also add masks: 
The two that I use the most are the distance mask and height masks. 
Then set the Influence to Global, which will adapt to the terrain that way you don't get harsh edges. 

Thanks. I split the heightmap up into 4 and then stamped the terrain, and used the global influence, etc. but now I've got a '+' seam running through the map 😕
I guess what you said about using the stamper with masks is how I solve this?

You could use the spawner if you have a textured line and then use a distance mask. 
If it's a tear seam than in the Gaia Manager - Advanced - Tools - Terrain Sticher. 
Use this and stitch the terrain back together. Just save before doing so and use small values. 
The default settings work perfectly most of the time. 

• Like 1

I think I was able to overcome the problem by making more stamps, from the original huge heightmap, and then stamping across the seamy bits, and then using raise height, and blend height options, or set height option with masks.

Yeah with tears you want to do that. 
Otherwise, it could cause issues later in your development.