Lighting issues with new terrain detail

Fishtacos
Go to solution Solved by Fishtacos,

I seem to have an issue with my grass not being effected by any dynamic lights. The original prefab is effected by lights properly and it is only once the grass is spawned do I have this problem. Although the default Gaia grass (with or without the flora system) seems to work just fine in the same situation. I've tried changing material & mesh settings as well as changing some lighting parameters but this has had no effect. Also it may be worth noting I'm using GPU instancing on the grass prefab. Some help or a point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Hi @Fishtacos, you would need to look into the shader used in this vegetation item - the shader should be responsible for picking up the light information correctly. You could - for testing purposes - try to set up a material with the unity standard shader for the render pipeline you are using, just to confirm whether it works with that shader or not.

• Solution

Thanks Peter, the shader was the issue, specifically the Vegetation Engine subsurface grass shader after GPUI. 

• Like 1