Impostor generations and billboards

Joaquin
Go to solution Solved by Manny,

Hi

I'm trying to find the information on the docs before I buy the product, with no much luck.

I'm currently using Vegetation Studio Pro to populate all my terrain with grass and trees. What's cool about VSP is that it will automatically pickup your trees, create billboards from them and replace them on distance for maximum speed.

I was wondering if Gena does the same thing and whether it tries to do the same with grass. My idea is that this has to be running on mobile devices so it has to be super performant which VSP currently does.

• Solution
On 2/11/2023 at 10:07 PM, Joaquin said:

Hi

I'm trying to find the information on the docs before I buy the product, with no much luck.

I'm currently using Vegetation Studio Pro to populate all my terrain with grass and trees. What's cool about VSP is that it will automatically pickup your trees, create billboards from them and replace them on distance for maximum speed.

I was wondering if Gena does the same thing and whether it tries to do the same with grass. My idea is that this has to be running on mobile devices so it has to be super performant which VSP currently does.

Hi there @Joaquin!

Unfortunately, GeNa does not have the same capabilities as Vegetation Studio Pro when it comes to automatically creating billboards for trees and grass. However, GeNa is able to spawn billboard grass if it has been set up in that way before being put into a spawner. This means that you will need to manually set up your grass to use billboards, but once it is set up, GeNa will be able to handle it efficiently.

I hope this information helps, and if you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us.