Errors with carving spline with GeNe Pro and Gaia Pro.

Adastour
Go to solution Solved by Manny,

Hello!

I've downloaded GeNe Pro recently and tried spawning a river spline. The river itself spawned, however, whenever I try to click into any of the connected extensions onto the spline, e.g, Carve (Ge Na Carve Extension), thousands of errors appear. I'll leave a list of errors below.

TypeLoadException: Could not resolve type with token 010000b5 from typeref (expected class 'UnityEngine.Experimental.TerrainAPI.TerrainCallbacks' in assembly 'UnityEngine.TerrainModule, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null')
GeNa.Core.GeNaManagerSceneEditor.OnEnable () (at Assets/Procedural Worlds/GeNa/Scripts/Editor/GeNaManagerSceneEditor.cs:33)

TypeLoadException: Could not load type of field 'GeNa.Core.GeNaMultiTerrainOperation:m_heightmapBrushTransform' (42) due to: Could not resolve type with token 010000f1 from typeref (expected class 'UnityEngine.Experimental.TerrainAPI.BrushTransform' in assembly 'UnityEngine.TerrainModule, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null') assembly:UnityEngine.TerrainModule, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null type:UnityEngine.Experimental.TerrainAPI.BrushTransform member:(null)

TypeLoadException: Could not load type of field 'GeNa.Core.GeNaMultiTerrainOperation:m_heightmapBrushTransform' (42) due to: Could not resolve type with token 010000f1 from typeref (expected class 'UnityEngine.Experimental.TerrainAPI.BrushTransform' in assembly 'UnityEngine.TerrainModule, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null') assembly:UnityEngine.TerrainModule, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null type:UnityEngine.Experimental.TerrainAPI.BrushTransform member:(null)
GeNa.Core.TerrainTools.GenerateTerrainEntity (GeNa.Core.TerrainModifier terrainModifier, GeNa.Core.GeNaSpline spline) (at <b3a254ebb2b749d488944121737848e6>:0)

GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced.
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&)

GeNa.Core.TerrainTools.GenerateTerrainEntity (GeNa.Core.TerrainModifier terrainModifier, GeNa.Core.GeNaSpline spline) (at <b3a254ebb2b749d488944121737848e6>:0)

And My Versions are

Unity HDRP 2022.1.0b2

Gaia Pro 2021, Version 3.3.4 

GeNa Pro - Terrains, Villages, Roads & Rivers - Version 3.4.1 

These were all the errors that appeared whenever I tried to use Ge Ne Pro. Anyhelp will be much apperciated

Furthering adding onto this, I cannot generate any terrain with texture besides sand and rock now that GeNe Pro has been installed. I tested on a separate project and yet it still yielded the same result.

• Solution

Hey mate!

This is actually a known issue. You need to ensure that you select 'yes' to recompile the dll when importing GeNa. 

Please refer to this related topic:

Hello!

After reading and trying the solution sent, I found it wasn't working quite right.
I tried in a LTS version instead of a 2022 version and it worked perfect.

I had to install GeNa Pro first then Gaia.

The version I used was 2021.3.15f1.

Thank you for the help and have a fantastic day!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2022 at 10:02 AM, Manny said:

Hey mate!

This is actually a known issue. You need to ensure that you select 'yes' to recompile the dll when importing GeNa. 

Please refer to this related topic:

Hello, in the last two updates, the Gena Pro carve feature is unfortunately not working stable. I have to use easy road. Please post a new update.