GeNa Pro City Generator

RickysSoftware

On 1/23/2022 at 12:58 PM, RickysSoftware said:

I don't know if I'm allowed to post the download link here. I made a little demo build where you click the buttons and it'll make a large or small city. PM me for the link.

Nice stuff @RickysSoftware!

As long as the link is to a project that does not contain any of our assets then we are totally fine with it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, RickysSoftware said:
  • This no longer requires Gena Pro. But it can be enhanced by it. Support isn't dropped just simply no longer required.

Have you decided to go commercial ?

• 2 months later...

Sorry guys I take back all those things I said before. It was taking me way too long to try and implement all the things GeNa Pro was already doing for my City Generator. I learned a lot and I even did a few things that are pretty amazing that I'm going to be adding to the City Generator such as selective auto terrain smoothing. That's just what I'm calling that for now. Selective Auto Terrain Smoothing will smooth the terrain in areas that have been changed significantly but not in untouched areas where you might want to preserve the detail of the terrain heightmap. I will have a preview for all to see very soon. Think UE5 City Demo. ok maybe not that good. But I'm trying to get as close as I can to it. That's my target currently.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is something new I'm adding. Notice how when you add roads it spawns cubes around the road? Later these will be buildings.  The video isn't up close to the road. It's kinda zoomed out. So if you're viewing this on a phone it's not really going to be very viewable. The different colors of cubes are White, Red, Green. They represent different kinds of buildings you might see. For example green could be a house. Red could be a commercial building. White could be something else. They can be whatever you want them to be. And if you think they are too far apart or too close/far from the road it's easily adjustable. Although that's not shown here. It's a bit hard to see the white cubes because I had HDR on and it made things a bit bright. Either way white on white wasn't a good idea.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just a little something to let you know I'm still working on this City Generator.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not great at 3D modeling. Not yet anyway. So I don't know if I can release this with any nice looking buildings or not. Really I'm more of a programmer than an artist. But anyway. If you have any of your own buildings that you made or from the asset store they are very easy to use with the City Generator. I know I said I planned on making this look like the UE5 City Demo but I'm not sure if I'm exactly able to do the modeling work required to do that as of right now. Also I plan on integrating the new Extrusion Pro asset into this city generator. I will also integrate other assets into it as well. I plan on integrating Suburban Neighborhood House pack(Modular) to it and also Reversed City Builder Urban into it. Also I plan on doing a stylized asset integration with Surroundead. I plan on integrating Flooded Grounds into it and some other free assets. Also I plan on integrating Simple Traffic system. They're not required but will work out of the box if you have those assets. More things I'm adding are signs, poles, fences, and props. You can place the props anywhere. and they will generate how you'd like. Want cones on each side of the road? You can do that. Making a survival horror game? Want trash or other game objects scattered around the city area? You can do that too. You can have them randomly scattered or you can pick exactly where you want the props to go. Add a PropType component and there is a 3 line gizmo showing exactly where the edges and middle of the road will be in relation to your gameobject as you're setting it up. You just set your distance from road option and you can visualize exactly where it goes. This setup is on a per gameobject basis. Every gamebject can be setup differently.

• 2 weeks later...

I have submitted Urban Mixer to the Unity asset store early this morning. I should hear something soon about whether or not it is accepted.

• Like 3

Urban Mixer has been updated to version 1.0.1. It fixes some bugs where buildings spawn incorrectly. There are buildings included. Also I've removed the requirement for Gaia Pro 2021. It still requires GeNa Pro.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...