Some suggestions

Wuyan
Go to solution Solved by Josh,

Hello, I tried HDRP time of day and GTS a few months ago. And then I stopped. Because I find that scalability and flexibility are not enough. Many transitions are very stiff.

1, For example, the switching process of sunlight and moonlight in the morning and evening.

2, For example, I hope the ground will not dry immediately after rain. I can control how long will take the wet ground dring, I remember finding an API that seemed to provide this option. But it didn't work in the test.

3, For example, I want to control when to enable certain weather, I can control when it rains and when stops, heavy rain, moderate rain or light rain.

I wanted to make suggestions, but someone said were still developing. So I didn't. In view of my great expectations of them😄. So I still put forward these suggestions today. I wish that more options and APIs can be added to facilitate the flexible customization and assembly for developers.

In addition, is it possible for GTS to add trax functions similar to microsplat?😀

Thank you!

• Solution
7 hours ago, Wuyan said:

Hello, I tried HDRP time of day and GTS a few months ago. And then I stopped. Because I find that scalability and flexibility are not enough. Many transitions are very stiff.

1, For example, the switching process of sunlight and moonlight in the morning and evening.

2, For example, I hope the ground will not dry immediately after rain. I can control how long will take the wet ground dring, I remember finding an API that seemed to provide this option. But it didn't work in the test.

3, For example, I want to control when to enable certain weather, I can control when it rains and when stops, heavy rain, moderate rain or light rain.

I wanted to make suggestions, but someone said were still developing. So I didn't. In view of my great expectations of them😄. So I still put forward these suggestions today. I wish that more options and APIs can be added to facilitate the flexible customization and assembly for developers.

In addition, is it possible for GTS to add trax functions similar to microsplat?😀

Thank you!

Thank you for your suggestions.

1. The version we are working on now has far better transitions and much better default settings setup.

2. That is something we do have planned to make rain/snow etc fade slowly away after the weather fx has stopped. Not something that can go into the next version coming but for sure the next big update 🙂

3. Currently the whole system is built on weather profiles, setting up a light, moderate rain profile etc would be a way to do this. We do plann to add weather stages which will start like overcast then have a chance to go into rain, then go into a rain storm etc. Won't be with the upcoing update but planned for sure.

Will talk to the team about trax functions.

All the best,
Josh

• Like 1