Road clipping and Street lamp issue

LeonDong
Go to solution Solved by Manny,

I tried so hard to solve these two problems but it seems they are driving me crazy.

BACKGROUND INFO:

Unity Editor 2022.1.2f1c1 + URP + GeNa Pro 3.3.21-c5

My problems are:

1. Why are my road meshes spawned by GeNa Pro always clipping during runtime?

(I have tried to set Depth texture ON in Camera Setting, check Depth Material in my render setting and change clipping plane to 10,000 but roads still clipped. When I tried to fix this problem, I noticed according to some HDRP solutions which require adjusting sorting layer in Surface Option, but in my case it was null under this option. )spacer.png

spacer.png

2. Street Lamps problem. Some users might have asked this problem, but I cannot found a solution. In my case, I enabled the Time of Day in Gaia Lighting, but there was no lighting at all during the night time. If I turned the light emission on manually under street lamp prefeb during runtime, the effect is like the picture below, no ambient lighting or reflection on the road surface at all. I don't know what is wrong, is there any quick fix for this problem?spacer.png

(My current LOD Bias is 2 and Maximum LOD setting is 0, and quality setting is attached below)spacer.png

Hope there will be solution for these two problems.

On 11/8/2022 at 8:31 AM, Clyde said:

@LeonDong, I don't see any image when I click on "spacer.png".

Oh no, I don't know what happened to this PNG, I pasted it from my Notion. But anyway I will try Isaac's fix first to see if it can solve the problem.

On 11/9/2022 at 11:48 AM, Isaac said:

GenaRoadURPFix.zip 61.32 kB · 1 download

Try this package for the road clipping to see if it fixes it. 

This fix solved my problem like a magic! Really appreciate your help! 

For anyone who has the same problem: Use this fix to solve your road clipping problem in your game, it really works.

And my second question is about Time of Day Lighting as I mentioned before, I don't know if there is any fix to this problem? 

@Clyde

Hi, I re-uploaded screenshots with Imgur, hope it will work.

Quality Setting

spacer.png

I checked the "enable sync TOD" in GeNa manager, but nothing changed when it came to the evening.  I enabled TOD in Gaia Lighting and time scale was 1.5.

spacer.png

This is the inspector of street lamp gameobject.

spacer.png

This is the effect when I manually checked the checkbox of light emission objects. But it seems that there is no ambient lighting on the road surface.

spacer.png

Hope these screenshots can help you locate where the problem is.

• 2 weeks later...

So looking through the issue here, it seems like the light component is turned off. 
This is a child of the street lamp - Interior (spot light).
Please turn this on and then on the emission turn the intensity up to around 120 or where ever you want the intensity to be turned up to. 
image.png

On 11/29/2022 at 5:45 AM, Bryan said:

So looking through the issue here, it seems like the light component is turned off. 
This is a child of the street lamp - Interior (spot light).
Please turn this on and then on the emission turn the intensity up to around 120 or where ever you want the intensity to be turned up to. 
image.png

Ok, thanks! I will give it a try to see if the problem will be gone😀

• Like 1

Hey @Manny

Hi, sorry for the delay~

I have tried the solution offered by Bryan, but it failed.

I ticked the checkbox of Interior(spotlight) and changed the intensity to 120 in the inspector, but it remained unchecked during runtime, which really confused me. Do I need to tick other checkbox?

• 3 months later...