Import Errors GAIA PRO 2020 with Unity ver 2021.3.11.f1 URP

vanzie
Go to solution Solved by Bryan,

Hi

I hope this is the right place to post this topic, if not please correct me on where I may be able to get support with issues in the future!

When I try to import GAIA PRO 2020 (2.2.5) into an empty project, i get the following import errors...

-Script updater for Library\Bee\artifacts\1900b0aE.dag\Assembly-CSharp.dll failed to produce updates.txt file

-Assets\Procedural Worlds\Gaia\Scripts\MaskSystem\ImageMask.cs(10,32): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'TerrainAPI' does not exist in the namespace 'UnityEngine.Experimental' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

-Assets\Procedural Worlds\Gaia\Scripts\SpawningSystem\Spawner.cs(5,32): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'TerrainAPI' does not exist in the namespace 'UnityEngine.Experimental' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

-Assets\Procedural Worlds\Gaia\Scripts\StampingSystem\Stamper.cs(13,32): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'TerrainAPI' does not exist in the namespace 'UnityEngine.Experimental' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

-Assets\Procedural Worlds\Gaia\Scripts\Unity\Terrain Tools\Erosion\IBrushUIGroup.cs(4,32): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'TerrainAPI' does not exist in the namespace 'UnityEngine.Experimental' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

-Assets\Procedural Worlds\Gaia\Scripts\Unity\Terrain Tools\Erosion\TerrainToolGUIHelper.cs(7,32): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'TerrainAPI' does not exist in the namespace 'UnityEditor.Experimental' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

-Assets\Procedural Worlds\Gaia\Scripts\Unity\Terrain Tools\Noise\NoiseComponent.cs(5,32): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'TerrainAPI' does not exist in the namespace 'UnityEditor.Experimental' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

-Assets\Procedural Worlds\Gaia\Scripts\Unity\Terrain Tools\Noise\NoiseComponentEditor.cs(4,32): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'TerrainAPI' does not exist in the namespace 'UnityEngine.Experimental' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

-Assets\Procedural Worlds\Gaia\Scripts\Utils\TerrainHelper.cs(8,32): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'TerrainAPI' does not exist in the namespace 'UnityEngine.Experimental' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

May I ask you to assist me in clearing these errors or point me in a direction how to solve these missing references?

Many thanks!

Leon

• Solution

Hello, 

This is because Gaia Pro only supports Unity versions 2019.3 - 2020.3 
You would need to change your Unity version or upgrade to Gaia Pro 2021. 

• Bryan locked this topic