Problem with Gaia 2021

MyMQL

I have a problem with Gaia 2021.

When i wanna create world designer i got error.

Trying to access pass 1, but material 'Hidden/Gaia/StampPreview' subshader (0) has only 1 valid passes.

Can someone tell me how i can repair that?

On 10/15/2022 at 9:05 AM, MyMQL said:

I have a problem with Gaia 2021.

When i wanna create world designer i got error.

Trying to access pass 1, but material 'Hidden/Gaia/StampPreview' subshader (0) has only 1 valid passes.

Can someone tell me how i can repair that?

On 10/23/2022 at 12:30 AM, Adrian Csibi said:

Got the same problem, any fix ?

Hi guys, just made an account to help both of you and anyone else who runs into this issue out.

The problem lies in moving the Procedural Worlds folder or your entire project folder. I had to do this to setup my project for source control.

What happens in this case is that the shaders for previewing your terrain mesh are looking for a cginclude at the wrong path, and thus cannot open the file. The error that presents (as named in the OP) isn't very clear on this, but following the breadcrumb trail you'll find that navigating to the shader at

Hidden/Gaia/StampPreview

will reveal that the shader is unable to open the cginclude.

A quick Google search for shaders being unable to open cgincludes revealed that this can happen under the conditions described above with moving folders around, and that simply reimporting can fix it.

TL;DR THE SOLUTION

Right click your Procedural Worlds folder and click "reimport" on it, and it should fix all the missing path references that cause the error in the OP.

Note:
I do not know if this reverts any settings, but I assume so. So do use it with caution!

Edited by Korathas
Accidentally forgot a word
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Yep, i'm finding the same error. I performed a reimport on the Procedural Worlds folder - stopped/started unity, set up new scenes - but continue to get this error. Was hoping to avoid a reinstall of Gaia, but will try that now....