Gaia Mobile/VR World Designer Settings

DanButsu

Greetings,

I am trying to find the "perfect" balance between terrain detail/realism and Quest VR optimization/draw calls. Having said that, I would like to know more about the impact of the World Settings on Mobile/VR Specific performance.

Are there any documents detailing the various settings of the World Designer Script?

Screen Shot 2022-08-11 at 10.31.34 PM.png

Hi @DanButsu, you can get help on these items by pressing the small ? button in the top right corner.

image.png

Please note that the terrain that Gaia creates is the native unity terrain object, and those quality settings refer 1:1 to the settings available on the unity terrain object. You can find unity's documentation on these settings here:

https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/terrain-OtherSettings.html

Oh god, I don't know how I missed that. So wonderfully integrated.

I was also looking at the XR Integration Support and the link sends me to the Freshdesk. Any step-by-step documentation available for that elsewhere?

Cheers, Dan

Screen Shot 2022-08-13 at 9.28.48 AM.png

On 8/13/2022 at 7:32 AM, DanButsu said:

Oh god, I don't know how I missed that. So wonderfully integrated.

I was also looking at the XR Integration Support and the link sends me to the Freshdesk. Any step-by-step documentation available for that elsewhere?

Cheers, Dan

Screen Shot 2022-08-13 at 9.28.48 AM.png

Hey there some of the links are broken as we have moved all support to canopy. 
This documentation is now in Canopy which can be found here: