Forward and Deferred Issues?

brian6782
Go to solution Solved by Peter,

I know Gaia Pro 2021 wants you to use deferred but when I do this is what happens to me, but when I do forward the next one shows things looking normal just not sure what is going on, thanks

2022-08-11 18_43_48-Project Settings.png

2022-08-11 18_44_20-Project Settings.png

Hi @brian6782, this is weird, this looks like exactly as if the grass texture suddenly was not transparent anymore. Do you use any alternative terrain detail rendering system (nature renderer, vegetation studio, etc.)? Is the problem still present when you run the scene as well?

Can you please check the alpha transparency settings for the two grass textures in the directory

Assets\Suntail Village\Textures\Nature

image.png

If those should be not like shown in my screenshot, could you please set them up as such, hit apply and then refresh the terrain details on the terrain?

image.png

If that is not it, it is really strange, I tested in unity 2020.3 and I'm able to flip back and forth between linear and deferred without running into this issue. I am able to force the issue though if I switch off transparency on the textures and refresh the terrain details:

image.png

Hey @Peter, I am looking at it now to see what is going on but yeah I took a screen shot and it is like yours but still getting the issue. I am using RPG Builder but I wouldn't think it is doing anything to it but I cannot say no for sure without testing it. But this is what I get even with those settings to the grass, not sure what is doing but will start checking each one.

2022-08-12 16_28_28-NVIDIA GeForce Overlay.png

I will say this Peter I do have all of your guys products installed and something is slowing down Gaia Pro 2021 from working as fast when I do install them all and not sure which one because I would need to test one by one to see what is doing it. but when I only do Gaia Pro 2021 it works just like normal. Well maybe I should not say slow down is most likely not a great word to use but it seems to do more jobs in the process now so maybe its normal with it not sure, just checking.

• Solution

Hi @brian6782, the screenshot looks better already, since the grass is transparent, but it looks like the colorization is missing. Can you please select the terrain detail item in the Editor to see if there is a green color being applied?

image.png

(Gaia should normally set it up that way when spawning, so a bit odd that it seems to be set to white)

On 8/12/2022 at 10:34 PM, brian6782 said:

I will say this Peter I do have all of your guys products installed and something is slowing down Gaia Pro 2021 from working as fast when I do install them all and not sure which one because I would need to test one by one to see what is doing it. but when I only do Gaia Pro 2021 it works just like normal. Well maybe I should not say slow down is most likely not a great word to use but it seems to do more jobs in the process now so maybe its normal with it not sure, just checking.

I noticed that the time from clicking in the Gaia manager until the terrain is being created / spawned fully has becoming longer in the later unity versions. Part of it I know is that there were changes to the asset importer which seems to pop up more often during the terrain generation process now. We will review this for a future update to make this faster again.

Hey @Peter, yeah that is making it work because the rocks were white too was wondering what was going on there, thank you Peter for your help I really appreciate it.