Trouble with Tree Spawner

Crowsinger

Go to solution Solved by Bryan,

Hello. I've been working on remaking a zone using Gaia spawners instead of VS Pro, and everything seemed to be going okay. Then I launched the game so that I could walk around and make sure the tree spacing was okay.

Here is a view from within the Unity Editor:

spacer.png

Here is the same view when running the game. It looks like this both in Unity and in a build.

spacer.png

Where are the trees? Why would they not be visible when the game is running even if they spawned in the editor? That's the main issue right now.

But I'm also seeing a problem with collision masks. In the tree spawner, I have Layer Tree set to respect layers PW_Object_Small/Medium/Large.

These objects are in layer Default, but the trees are avoiding them:

1TO3T3S.jpg

These similar objects are in layer PW_Object_Small, but the trees are all over them:

sh2MyWA.jpg

Could you someone me figure out why these things aren't working? Thanks 

Okay I figured out the first problem. Some of the spruce trees were in one layer, and some were in another.

I might try playing with the layers on the other objects.

5 hours ago, Bryan said:

Please let me know if you still need support! 

Could you clarify a couple of things about layers?

• Do Gaia-spawned trees avoid objects in the Default layer? That seems to be happening, but I want to be sure
  • What is the intended purpose of the PW_Object_Small/Medium/Large layers? I think I was using them for the wrong purpose before

At this point I think things are looking pretty good, but if I could understand those two things I could maybe avoid making mistakes.

I will say that my FPS has gone down by quite a bit since switching my scene from MapMagic+VSPro to Gaia. This could possibly also be due to something I'm doing wrong in setting this up. I'm planning on trying the PW Scene Optimizer this week to see if it helps.

Thanks!

• Solution
1 hour ago, Crowsinger said:

Do Gaia-spawned trees avoid objects in the Default layer? That seems to be happening, but I want to be sure

By default it does have a collision mask and avoids objects in the small medium and large. 

image.png

These layers are used for collisions. So that when you spawn trees it avoids the game objects with these layers. 

On 7/25/2022 at 8:53 PM, Bryan said:

By default it does have a collision mask and avoids objects in the small medium and large. 

image.png

These layers are used for collisions. So that when you spawn trees it avoids the game objects with these layers. 

Thanks!

• Bryan locked this topic