Weather API for HDRP Time of Day

Tikal

The HDRP Time of Day is pretty cool, but there doesn't seem to be a way to access the weather API for scripting and extensions.

I want to use this with the SoulLink Spawner and it can't read the season data from the new HDRP.

12 hours ago, Tikal said:

The HDRP Time of Day is pretty cool, but there doesn't seem to be a way to access the weather API for scripting and extensions.

I want to use this with the SoulLink Spawner and it can't read the season data from the new HDRP.

There is a static API class in the package however it's in development and not offical yet, what are you trying to do with soul link?

5 hours ago, Josh said:

There is a static API class in the package however it's in development and not offical yet, what are you trying to do with soul link?

SoulLink can use weather settings to control spawns. So you can have mobs that only spawn in the summer, when it's over 90 degrees F, and it's not raining outside.

So we need to be able to read the current weather and seasons.

• 1 month later...

Hi, getting back in to this and updating to latest and greatest packages.

I installed BEPR and Time of Day and now I have an error coming up in the "WeatherFXRainWithThunder" class, particularly it is not finding IHDRPWeatherVFX

And for some reason the gaia manager disappeared and is not available in windows-procedural worlds menu

Thoughts and prayers?

IHDRPWeatherVFX error.png

14 hours ago, SyTuck said:

Thoughts and prayers?

Best I can do is hard-boiled analysis and advice 😉:

The file "WeatherFXRainWithThunder" that is appearing in those error messages looks like an old file from a previous version of the HDRP Time Of Day system. It sounds like you installed the separate HDRP Time Of Day asset, can you please check if you have this menu entry available and if yes, run it:

image.png

If you do not see that entry, please remove the folder Procedural Worlds\Gaia\Gaia Pro\HDRP Time Of Day first from your Gaia installation.
Then you need to delete these language pack files from within the Gaia installation:

image.png

Then re-install the HDRP Time Of Day asset. This procedure is required due to Gaia having an earlier version of HDRP Time Of Day embedded with it. For future installations you can find the instructions for this in the documentation and the canopy library article:

https://canopy.procedural-worlds.com/library/tools/hdrp_time_of_day/using-the-hdrp-time-of-day-system-r137/

Thanks for your help. I'm further along but I think something more fishy is going on. I deleted the files you mentioned above and re-installed the Time Of Day but now I have a new error.

I tried reinstalling the latest Gaia pro 330 (which I prevented from installing the embedded ToD again) without any improvement.

I've included a new screenshot showing that my PW managers are also missing.

UnderwaterReverbFilterSettings error.png