Upgrading Unity version led to... Errors?

xDonnervogelx
Go to solution Solved by Bryan,

Hi, I tried to open my scene in a newer Unity version. During loading it suggested me to load safe mode because of some errors I don't quite know what to do with.
See screenshot.
image.thumb.png.eb06c4f47fb737574f0f54888159ba30.png

What shall I do?

I'm using 2021.3.5f1 LTS in the upgraded version
Gaia Pro 2021 version 3.2.5 (Current) - released on June 30, 2022

Okay so I downloaded the latest version and imported it into the file... For some reasons all trees have gone pink which I interprete as the material couldn't be found? The error messages changed, though. How do I restore their color? image.thumb.png.b9d59fd41b0b43b7d49de6fd6d2741e0.png

You would need to do two things. 

1. Go to Gaia manager - setup tab - change the render settings to URP or HDRP depending on what you are using. 
From the looks of it you are using HDRP. 
Then install the shaders. 

2. You would want to go to Edit- render pipeline - convert built in materials to HDRP 
This is mainly if you are using stuff outside of Procedural Worlds. 
The first step should automatically fix this if its PW. 

Hm, I somehow cannot find the Gaia Manager in the PW tab in my editor. It only gives me Flora.
And the Session Manager says this: image.png.0f495d497fd700c161b10df80bab0b66.png

You cant find it by doing window - procedural worlds - Gaia? 

If not can you please remove the Gaia folder completely and then please reimport it. 
Make sure to save any custom biomes you may have made same goes for anything like custom stamps etc. 

Hm somehow still doesn't work (everything is pink/black/white now). Guess I'll recreate the scene then *shrugs*
Thanks anyways.

Very interesting. 

Something broke I am not sure if it the materials or if its the library itself. 
Fresh Import might be best here. 

Yeah, I figured so. Strangely enough deleting the gaia folder in the PW asset folder and re-importing the package doesn't solve a thing. It still doesn't get recognized despite existing in the file. Keeps saying I can import it, than telling me "hey, I exist already". I don't mind redoing the scene as it was for testing only, but I wonder why upgrading the Unity version led to so many errors. This should possibly not have happened usually, correct?

• Solution

Correct, typically this doesn't happen. 
However, the project could get corrupt, which is what I think happened here. 

• Thanks 1

I would create a new project and see. 

You could make the process easier if you are using Gaia Pro 2021. 
Use the Gaia Manager - Advanced - Terrain Scanner. 
This will scan the terrain and turn it into a stamp. 

Then take that stamp into the new project and you have your terrain again. 

This might help speed up the process from the broken project.