Polaris Support

FeelingTerrible
Go to solution Solved by Bharat Sharma,

Hi,

Just a quick question, I am using Gaia 2021 and Polaris. I would like to convert my terrain into low poly using the Polaris Extension.

I cannot seem to find the extension like the tutorial videos as seen here 

Under GX in Gaia Manager it doesnt show Polaris.

Is this still supported or what is the best way to create customisable low poly terrains with Gaia?

Thanks,

Will

2 hours ago, FeelingTerrible said:

Hi,

Just a quick question, I am using Gaia 2021 and Polaris. I would like to convert my terrain into low poly using the Polaris Extension.

I cannot seem to find the extension like the tutorial videos as seen here 

Under GX in Gaia Manager it doesnt show Polaris.

Is this still supported or what is the best way to create customizable low poly terrains with Gaia?

Thanks,

Will

The best way to do this is if you are using Gaia Pro 2021. 
Then you can go to the Gaia manager- Advanced- Terrain Mesh Exporter. 
This will allow you to create low poly terrains. 

However, I do see that you are using Unity 2018 which means that you are using Gaia 1. 
Normally, the Gaia extensions was initially there. However, it could be that you are using a newer version for that tool which might not have the code in it. Its honestly hard to say. That would be the correct thing if Gaia Extensions is not there. 

5 hours ago, Bryan said:

The best way to do this is if you are using Gaia Pro 2021. 
Then you can go to the Gaia manager- Advanced- Terrain Mesh Exporter. 
This will allow you to create low poly terrains. 

However, I do see that you are using Unity 2018 which means that you are using Gaia 1. 
Normally, the Gaia extensions was initially there. However, it could be that you are using a newer version for that tool which might not have the code in it. Its honestly hard to say. That would be the correct thing if Gaia Extensions is not there. 

Hi Bryan,

Is it possible to use Gaia to convert to Low Poly while the terrain stay as terrain? After I convert the terrain to low poly mesh, Gena Pro seem to act out weird and unable to spawn and modify the terrain correctly.

Thanks and regards,
Wolf

17 hours ago, Woofur1n3 said:

Hi Bryan,

Is it possible to use Gaia to convert to Low Poly while the terrain stay as terrain? After I convert the terrain to low poly mesh, Gena Pro seem to act out weird and unable to spawn and modify the terrain correctly.

Thanks and regards,
Wolf

We do have a low poly biome that you can use to go low poly. 
The terrain mesh exporter would turn it into a mesh. 

image.png

This is the low poly biome. 
Note that this is textured, but this could work if you are wanting a normal terrain. 

3 hours ago, Bryan said:

We do have a low poly biome that you can use to go low poly. 
The terrain mesh exporter would turn it into a mesh. 

Hi Bryan,

But the low poly topology using low poly biome does not look as good as the one that created with "Convert to Low Poly" mesh export.

Low Poly Biome:

LowPoly.thumb.JPG.51716b533d60a680a62d0161dcf5a39b.JPG

Low Poly Converted:LowPolyConverted.thumb.JPG.600903d7ccc3700925d42d62f2e09275.JPG

Is it possible to setup Gaia for low poly workflow? I would like to create terrain with style like the converted one.

Thanks and regards,

Wolf

8 hours ago, Bryan said:

image.png

This is the low poly biome. 
Note that this is textured, but this could work if you are wanting a normal terrain. 

Is it possible to make the "Convert to Low Poly Mesh" tool to just convert to low poly? I would like the terrain to stay as terrain after conversion.

Currently, no the way to do it is with the biomes. 
When you use the terrain mesh exporter it will turn it into a mesh. 

I can send this to the team, and see if there is anything we can do about this. 

26 minutes ago, Bryan said:

Currently, no the way to do it is with the biomes. 
When you use the terrain mesh exporter it will turn it into a mesh. 

I can send this to the team, and see if there is anything we can do about this. 

Thanks a lot! If Gaia support low poly workflow it would be the perfect!

• Solution

@FeelingTerrible Make a terrain with gaia then convert terrain, as show in the video. It works just fine, for spawn objects, grab the spawned objects and drag into the Polaris terrrain (make sure you align both terrain properly). Set splat maps to 8.

His discord server- https://discord.gg/6BpDBXVu

https://youtu.be/o8pyg7zHNkw

• Like 1

• Bryan locked this topic