Can scene optimizer be used for object spawn in run-time?

thaison
Go to solution Solved by Manny,

This tool is great but I wonder if this tool can be used to optimize object spawn in run-time. My game similar to a roguelike survival game so the map layout and items will be procedural generated everytime players start a new game. Are there any way to use scene optimizer to optimize the newly create level

• Solution

That is a really cool suggestion. Currently our only focus was to get this working during Edit time to cater to most situations of this project. That means that unfortunately the Scene Optimizer isn't run-time capable as of yet.

However, I really do like this suggestion and it would be something I'd like to experiment with in the future!

• 3 months later...

This would be awesome and very helpful if it could be triggered during runtime. 

I'm working on a dungeon ARPG in which players can build dungeons from rooms, monsters, traps, ... So far I've only been able to tweak these single rooms (prefabs), but there would certainly be more room for improvement if the entire compound dungeon could be tweaked.

• Like 1