Preview buttons missing from scene view

verty

Just picked up Gaia Pro 2021 today and really enjoying it. My only question so far is with regards to the scene view buttons for refreshing preview are missing. I looked around for a toggle switch but couldn't find one.

In the tutorial they appear automatically when the world is generated, but they do not appear for me. My view:

spacer.png

Hi @verty, could you please tell us your unity version? Do you happen to have anything that is out of the ordinary in regards to resolution or DPI scaling on your monitor? (Additional software that would re-scale the monitor image, a monitor with unusually wide screen or high DPI.) Do you see a glimpse of the buttons when trying to make the scene view window as large as possible?
I'm asking because we did have an issue in the past where those buttons would disappear when there was DPI scaling activated in Windows, but those buttons should since then be immune to DPI scaling and the Unity UI scaling (can be applied in the Unity preferences) as well.

Hi Peter, thanks for your reply. I am using Unity 2022.1.5f1 and a dual monitor HD setup, 1920x1080 with standard Windows UI scaling (100%). I tried modifying the Windows scaling values but the issue persisted. Otherwise I can't think of any other applications that may cause a conflict, NVIDIA control panel settings are set to default. I did try rescaling the scene view several times but did not see the buttons appear during rescaling.

spacer.png

@verty I forgot something important: Those buttons would only appear when your terrain exceeds a certain size and / or heightmap resolution - this does not seem to be the case for the terrain in your screenshots: It can be rendered all at once at the target resolution, therefore those buttons are not present as they would not add any value at that moment.
Try creating a new scene, and set up the world designer to create 5 x 5 terrains @ 1024 for example:

image.png

If you then click "Randomize all", it will show only a portion of the created world, as fully rendering a preview of a larger world takes longer:

image.png

If you then click "Render Full Preview" it takes a bit to render the full thing:
image.png

For technical reasons, the preview cannot display the terrain at its full resolution either. That is where you can "Zoom In" one one of the terrain tiles to see that tile in full resolution:

image.png

This all would not apply to your preview as it is a single tile which can be rendered all at once, which is why the buttons are not there.